Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What awakens you?

While we're waiting for folks to order the book and get started, let's continue in introduction mode. Margaret Feinberg writes the following in her introduction:

"When I encounter something new that represents everything that is good and true and beautiful, something awakens inside of me. Maybe it's a heart cry for the Creator or maybe it's the Creator's heart cry for me. I do not know, but such encounters remind me that there is so much more to do and experience and know--not just about my world but about my God."

What is it that stirs your heart and excites your soul? What "so much more" do you long to "do and experience and know"? (Think Bucket List stuff.) Comment here to share these things about yourself as we continue getting to know one another.
Not ready to post? Learn more about our author in this 2-part interview here and here.

1 comment:

  1. I want to stomp on grapes. (Silly, I know, but 100% true.) The vision I have in this fantasy is a combination of scenes from "A Walk in the Clouds" (where they actually stomp on grapes) and "Patch Adams" (where the little old lady gets into a swimming pool full of spaghetti noodles). I want to jump around--barefoot, of course--in a pool full of red grapes. Green ones just won't do, but I would settle for a kiddie pool.

    On a grander, more respectable, and more traditional scale, I want to travel. I've done some traveling (US, Caribbean, maritime Canada, Ireland, and Italy) and I'm always up for more. Since snorkeling is a passion, the Mediterranean and New Zealand are of particular interest to me.

    ReplyDelete