Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why "The Organic God"?

Margaret Feinberg writes, "This book is designed to take you on a journey"--hey! a journey, like on the journey, which is where we are and why we are here! Anyway, Margaret was saying..."This book is designed to take you on a journey and to illuminte the beauty of God in your life...[so] that a part of you will come alive as you dance in all the brilliance of [God's] design." Who doesn't want to feel really, thoroughly alive? And who doesn't like to let loose once in a while and dance?!


We are on a journey--a long (God willing...), slow (God willing!) voyage. Why not enjoy it? Why not invite God to join us on the journey? Why not journey with companions into deeper spirituality?


As we slowly gather as a young adult (20- and 30-something-ish) group, comment below. Tell us who you are. Tell us a bit about your journey. What makes you feel most alive? And if you post some of your own dance moves on YouTube, I'll post those, too! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm Karen...the one with the profile on the right side of this page. I had no idea that my journey would lead me here! Pastoral ministry and life in small-town southern Idaho are totally God's ideas that are worlds away from the plans I made for myself. And yet, here I am very much at peace. God knows where I belong, and I'm grateful to have trusted God's leading...though I'm not sure God gave me much of a choice!

    What makes me feel alive? Mountains, espcially looking at them from a distance. (I walk the canal banks here and wonder, "What did I do to deserve this beauty all around me?" Answer: Nothing. It's undeserved. It's a gift.) Art makes me feel alive. (Check out my favorites in the right hand column.) A good book or poem makes me feel alive. A decaf grande skim carmel machiatto at Starbucks doesn't hurt either! And, I've gotta admit, the Hugh Grant video (see "let loose..." link above) makes me want to dance, but I have refrained so far. :)

    ReplyDelete